Ah, the life of a travel blogger – lounging around in a luxury hotel, eating bon bons, sipping the finest champagne, with nary a bit of coin passing hands or an ounce of sweat on the brow. While nothing could be further from the truth, the best travel bloggers make it look and seem that easy. It’s a mark of a real pro, taking an often mundane task,and making it look both exotic and simple.
This week I found lots of great posts that serve to inform, inspire, motivate and amuse the traveler in all of us.
- News.com has a scrumptious list of the top chocolate museums. I’m not sure that these exhibits are truly edible, though.
- Sharing Travel Experiences (new name, but same great content) takes us to the Basque country. Great photos of some delicious looking food.
- Elliott brings us a tale of two passengers, one nice guy, and one elite, not-so-nice guy. Frequent travelers, does the story ring all too familiar?
- Heather on her Travels, a relatively new addition to my travel feeds, has a great review of the lovely Fawsley Hall Hotel in Northamptonshire.
- PlanetEye Traveler – Auckland promotes a great concept called Movember. It’s a moustache growing contest for the month, calling attention to men’s health issues. Very creative!
- Intelligent Travel gets in the Halloween spirit with 5 locations that have ghosts all year round.
- Eyeflare makes the touristy gondola beneath the Bridge of Sighs seem, well, not quite so touristy at all. This one is for all the romantics.
- BootsnAll Travel lists the 7 Deadly Sins of Travel. True confession, while I know that I shouldn’t (and I mean, I really, really know that I shouldn’t), I have been known to violate #2.
- Consumer Travel explores the new choices for cashing in frequent flyer miles. Those rewards are going to come with a higher price tag, whether it’s more miles or more cash.
- Sosauce takes us along for four hours in Riga, Latvia. A fascinating glimpse that makes me want to know more.
- Gadling takes us back to the kinder, gentler era of flying, with a few television commercials from years gone by.
- Dianasaur Dishes, while not strictly a travel blog, has a great tutorial for how to cook and clean a Dungeness crab. Anyone living or traveling to the Pacific Northwest will find this information handy for crab season.
- The Vacation Gals explain that Minneapolis’ Mall of America is not just about shopping. Who’s idea was it to combine a theme park and a shopping mall?!
- Gadling makes a second appearance on the list, with a list of 10 vintage carousels, evoking some nice childhood memories.
- PlanetEye Traveler – Atlanta teases us with a preview of Cavalia, a sort of horse theater.
- The Carey Adventures has Peter posting more photos from Hawaii, this one of the mischievous creatures of the ocean, playful dolphins.
That’s it for this week. Please take a few moments and go read some of these great posts from some great travel bloggers. And don’t forget to tell them that MJ sent you.
Photo credit: marcoPapale @flickr