A trip to Napa must include some wine tasting, and with the Downtown Wine Tasting Card you can maximize your tasting experience while minimizing your capital outlay.
The tasting card lets you visit 14 wine tasting rooms, exposing you to more wines than you could possible count, and your first tasting at each location is only 10 cents. It’s practically as good as free – except free would violate all sorts of liquor laws, so 10 cents nicely fits all necessary legal requirements.
The 14 wine tasting rooms are all within walking distance of one another, so park you car once and be done with the driving. If you’ll be doing lots of tasting, be sure to designate one alcohol-free driver. Or better yet, get a hotel room downtown and spend a wonderful wine weekend. If you don’t make it to each of those tasting rooms, don’t worry – just plan a return trip because the card is valid till the end of the year. If you won’t be able to make a return trip to Napa this year, give it to someone who can. The card is fully transferrable
The card is priced at $20 and can be purchased online (it will be mailed out the next business day), at any of the 14 wine tasting rooms, at the Napa Chamber of Commerce, at the Napa Visitors Center, by phone at 707-257-0322, or by mail (Napa Downtown Association, 1310 Napa Town Center, Napa, CA 94559 – be sure to include a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope).
The participating tasting rooms are:
- Bounty Hunter, 975 First Street (map)
- Ceja Vineyards Wine Tasting Salon, 1248 First Street (map)
- Gustavo Thrace, 1021 McKinstry Street (map)
- JV Wine & Spirits, 426 First Street (map)
- Mason Cellars, 714 First Street (map)
- Napa General Store, 540 Main Street (map)
- Oxbox Wine Merchant, 610 First Street (map)
- Silo’s, 500 Main Street (map)
- Stonehedge, 1004 Clinton Street (map)
- Taste at Oxbow, 708 First Street (map)
- Tool Box Wine Company, 710 First Street (map) NOTE: Opens in May
- Uncorked at Oxbow, 605 First Street (map)
- Wineries of Napa Valley, 1285 Napa Town Center (map)
- X Winery, 1405 Second Street (X) NOTE: Opens in April
Most of the tasting rooms offer additional special promotions and discounts, so be sure to ask about additional Wine Tasting Card specials.
Napa’s wine tasting card helps make your downtown stay tasty and affordable! They also make great gifts!
Photo credit: SXC