While I”m winging my way across the Pacific Ocean, en route to the island of Maui, here are some travel articles that will keep you informed and entertained. If you haven’t already been making vacation plans, this should get you in the mood. Enjoy!
- Consumer Traveler reminds us that all is not lost if you’re ID is lost or stolen during your trip. There are things you can do to get through security. A little prevention would be a good thing, too.
- BNET has a great example of why the customer is not always right. Like when they’re being racist. The Ritz-Carlton now has a public relations nightmare, and a lawsuit, on its hands.
- Gadling has the 10 Commandments of airline etiquette. Read and heed, my friends. And all you frequent travelers will probably want to make that a list of 15 commandments!
- Travel Savvy Mom is debating the pros and cons of an iPad purchase. I’m doing the same thing, trying to think of how I’ll use it and where. This analysis helped me a lot.
- The Frisky reports that iconic hand bag maker Louis Vuitton has come out with a case for the iPad. I may decide to work an iPad into the budget, but lovely as this case is, this accessory won’t be coming home with me.
- Your Life is a Trip gets a good discussion going about the new Arizona immigration law. Should travel writers boycott the state by not writing travel articles about it? There’s plenty to think about on both sides of the issue, so add your thoughts in the comments.
- Europe up Close helps us navigate the menu of Turkish food. Warning! Reading the post may induce serious drooling.
- PlanetEye Traveler – Istanbul gives us a look at a cave hotel. Beautiful, and quite intriguing. I think it would be fun to stay in a cave.
- Nile Guide has a list of the great book exchanges made while on the road. Not only is this a list of some great reading, but following all the exchanges was a lot of fun.
- Travels with Two has a great profile on the women winemakers of Sonoma. I loved her Napa post last week and this is a great addition.
- Euro Cheapo suggest a visit to Paris without a stop at the Louvre. While the Louvre was not my favorite museum in Paris, I’m not sure that I’d want to write it off all together. Although since I’ve been once, I’d happily pass on another visit.
- Upgrade Travel Better muses about why people order Gingerale when flying. I haven’t noticed that it’s extraordinarily popular, although I recommend it for quelling a queasy stomach, although I think in some parts of the country it’s a more popular drink than in others.
- My Melange tempts us with the patisseries of Paris. I’ve been to a couple of places on her suggested list and she’s spot on.
- PlanetEye Traveler – Vancouver celebrates the 100 year anniversary of Playland. I remember going to the PNE as a kid and how much I enjoyed the wooden roller coaster. This was a nice little trip into the past.
- Business Insider has a list of the best hotels for business travelers. Check out the list and see if you agree.
- The Vacation Gals has a round up of international summer travel recommendations offered up by various travel bloggers. It should be no surprise that my contribution to the list was Italy. But hey, if international travel isn’t in your plans, you can enter their contest to win two free nights at a Hyatt Hotel.
That’s it for the week. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you, and may all your travels be adventurous and safe.
Photo credit: SXC