Venice might not seem like a “where else to go” destination, but if you’ve heard people complain about the city being crowded, smelly, or hot, maybe you’re just not seeing the right side of Venice.
In episode #8 of my podcast, Jennifer Dombrowski talks about the island of Venice. Some that she recommends include:
- Burano: famous for its fisherman and lacemakers. Jennifer wrote a guide to Burano that’s worth checking out.
- Mazzorbo: connected to Burano by a small wooden footbridge, most visitors never set foot on the sleep island home to the only winery and vineyard in the Venetian Lagoon
- Murano: famous for its glassblowers
- Lido: home to the only beach in the Venetian Lagoon and perfect for exploring on a bicycle
- Poveglia: the haunted and abandoned island
- Giudecca: once home to grand palaces, its now mostly residential but has great parks and restaurants
If you want to enjoy your first trip to Venice, or maybe give it another chance, take a listen to why Jennifer loves it so much.