In this episode, Heidi Siefkas talks about why she loves living on Kauai, and recommends things to do on the Lihue side of the island. Some of those recommendations include:
- Sunday Brunch at Gaylord’s
- Kauai Beer Company on Rice Street – Food Truck Night on Thursday
- Rob’s Good Times Grill on Rice Street
- Sunshine Market at Lihue Vidinha Stadium on Fridays
- Sunset at Lihue Lighthouse or Poipu Beach House
- Kayak to Kipu Kai (only one on the secluded beach seen in The Descendants) or Wailua River (kayak and hike to secret falls)
- Hike Nualolo Trail in Waimea Canyon + Picnic Sunset at Kalalau Lookout
- Surf lesson at Black Pot in Hanalei Bay and Barracuda for Tapas
- Rent bike and do Kapa’a bike path
Take a listen.
If you like what you hear, you can head over to iTunes and subscribe there for future episodes (launched every Monday). And while you’re there, please take a moment and leave us a rating – 5 stars is always appreciated – it helps get the podcast in front of new listeners.