Looking back seems to be the thing to do this time of year. So it’s time to take a look back at how I did with all the resolutions that I made for 2008. How did I do?
Here’s a recap:
- Visit two new countries – I can check this one off with my visit to Italy and Vatican City.
- Visit two new states – Ooops, a big zero here. Some plans fell through at the last minute, and never did get rescheduled.
- Visit four new cities in countries or states that I have already visited – I’ve been back to Guadalajara , Mexico, after a 20 year absence so that almost counts as a new city. But that’s about it. Lots of good intentions, but not much follow through.
- Try a minimum of one new restaurant a month (while traveling), and blog about it – I did better here. I definitely made it to a new restaurant each month, and posted several reviews both here and at The Seattle Traveler. I probably didn’t make it to one a month in the review department, but it’s a good start, and I have a lot of material for next year.
- Stay at 10 new hotels (inns, resorts, bed & breakfasts, etc.) and blog about it – I did pretty good here as well, posting not only some hotel reviews, and information about hotel services and amenities in general, but I also did a couple of trips late in the year which yielded lots of good info for the next few months. Not a perfect completion, but pretty credible.
All in all, not a very good job at meeting my travel resolutions!
I’m not discouraged, though! It just means that I have to make some new resolutions for 2009 and redouble my traveling efforts.
How about you? How was your year in travel?
Image credit: SXC