Last month the monthly themed travel round up focused on Inspiration. There weren’t a lot of participants, in large part due to an error on my part cutting off the submission date. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading what inspires people to travel.
My favorite of the linked up travel inspiration posts was from Suzanne Fluhr at Boomeresque. Her story about Mexico, specifically San Miguel de Allende, in 1963 and how that was the genesis of her desire and love of travel, was heartfelt and inspirational. If you haven’t read it, click on through and do so. I think you’ll be as moved as I was.
What’s Up This Month
This month I want to know a little more about how you have experienced and appreciate art while you’re traveling. Perhaps you have a favorite art museum, or a piece of public art that captured your imagination. Maybe you met a local artist in your travels, or perhaps found a favorite gallery you love. Or maybe you’ve traveled somewhere that motivated you to create a work of art. Whether profound and famous, or homespun and kitschy, please share a story that talks about the intersection of your travels and art.
If you’re a blogger and would like to participate in the link round up, here are the guidelines:
- Post should be of good quality and related to the monthly travel theme. No sponsored or advertorial content, please.
- Only one link per blog per link roundup.
- The roundup is moderated, so it may take a little while for your link to appear. Don’t worry, I’ll get them all approved and they’ll show up in the order they were submitted. Posts that don’t match up with the theme of Art will not be added.
- When adding your post, please use the title of your post where it says Name (name of post, not your personal name).
- Be a good participant by taking the time to visit the submissions of other participants. If you’re hoping that others will share your post, be sure to follow the golden rule and do unto others first – leave comments and share posts.
- You’re encouraged to leave a comment on this round up post and, if you’re so inclined, to indicate on your post that you have participated in this round up. This is a nice thing to do, the sort of sharing that was at the heart of blogging when we started, it’s not a requirement.
- Check back often to see new link participants.
- Share on your social media networks as you think is appropriate. I hope you find some interesting and creative stories that you’ll want to tell people about.
- The next link up will be Monday, January 27th, 2014. Be sure to check back then for the January theme and for more great travel sharing.